The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Foster Home Needed! We need a foster home for Larry! He is a senior boy recently adopted. He is not adapting to his new home which has stairs and no fenced yard. He is a good boy and did nothing wrong, but he needs a home where he does not have to climb stairs. Also, he enjoys his outdoor time so really needs a home with a fence yard vs. being leash walked. If anyone can help with a foster home or is willing to adopt this very good and sweet senior, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have adopted or fostered before. If not, please fill out a foster application.
- Hap-Pei News! Sheeba has an adoption pending!
- Myrlie is so hap-pei to hear that she has a foster home waiting for her. She will be spayed in mid-July and will be off to be fostered with Miss Pearl!
- Thank you to everyone who ordered from our Thirty One Fundraiser! The Fundraiser has ended.
- Welcome Mr. Wrinkles a sweet tiny young male Shar-Pei.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, my name is Carmella. I'm a young, playful girl. I'm crate trained, housebroken, and get along with dogs. I am sometimes jumpy if I hear a loud noise or sound that is not familiar. I didn't know what to think of the lawn mower - yikes! I have a new friend here at my foster home, Muffy; and we have become fast playmates. I take a little while to warm up to new people; but when I do, I want to nibble and play. My Foster Mommy says I am a love bug!
Are you looking for a loving girl to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Carmella!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.