The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Meet Linus, a sweet male Shar-Pei!
- Welcome Alexandra, an adorable blue female Shar-Pei! Alexandra has an adoption pending and will be going to her new home after her spay and entropion surgeries.
- Hap-Pei News! Nadia, Charlotte and Bubba/Bullit‘s adoptions are complete!
- Pearl has grade 4 bilateral subluxating patella. This is a condition in which her kneecaps are severely rotated outboard on each of her hind legs. This poor girl has limited use of her back legs and has resorted to getting around by dragging her back end like a seal or by hopping on one of her back legs. This condition was likely caused by a prolonged confinement in a small space, forcing her legs to be turned under her body frog-style. We are having a fundraiser for her surgery. Please visit Pearl“s fundraising page for more details.
- Thank you to all who donated during the 2015 Commonwealth of Virginia (CVC) Campaign! We greatly appreciate your support! We did not quite reach the $750 threshold required to qualify to apply for 2016, but will be back in 2017!
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I‘m Riley, a beautiful five year old cream brushcoat male Shar-Pei. As you can see from my photo, I am a happy guy. I am shy, so it takes me some time to warm up to new people. My foster parents gave me the time I needed to trust them, and now I am very relaxed here. I live with two other Shar-Pei and love playing with them. I would love to have another dog as a companion in my new home. I love to play with toys, take long walks and chew on nylon bones. I enjoy camping with my foster family.
Are you looking for a sweet boy to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Riley!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.
8th Annual Cause for Paws
Portsmouth Humane Society 5K Run, Dog Walk & Festival
North Landing Park in Olde Towne
Saturday, April 16