The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Another new boy! Welcome Tazz, a friendly male Shar-Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter.
- It is raining Pei! Meet Yang, a young male Shar-Pei who was found severely emaciated. He has made tremendous progress and is enjoying hanging out with his new Shar-Pei girlfriends!
- Welcome Turner and Hooch, two sweet male Shar-Pei rescued from West Virginia.
- Hap-Pei News! Rose, Petal and Snowy‘s adoptions are complete, and Marley has an adoption pending!
- More Hap-Pei News! Petunia has an adoption pending :-) Her foster family is adopting her.
- Meet another new addition, Rocky (previously Jude), a young cream male Shar-Pei.
- Meet Ecko, a sweet and calm blue male Shar-Pei.
- Welcome Puddles, a very cute fawn female Shar-Pei.
We need your help!
We have some major veterinary expenses for some of the Rescue Pei-bies. These expenses are well beyond what we can cover with our general fundraisers and adoption fees. We need to raise $6,600 to cover these upcoming veterinary expenses and continue to be able to help other Shar-Pei.
Please visit Mousse, Gabby, and Elsa“s fundraising page to read more about this urgent need.
- Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia is signed up for Kroger Community Rewards. To help the Rescue Pei-bies, all you have to do is enroll,
shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card! Our Kroger organization number is 81216.
To enroll, register online at krogercommunityrewards.com and select Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia - 81216!
Please enroll now to have your shopping help our Pei!
- We have four new styles and colors of Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia logo t-shirts! Visit our Pei Shop for details Order now for the best selection of sizes!
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I‘m Hennie! I am a sweet little six year old girl rescued from a Tennessee shelter. I am good with other dogs and cats too. I was raised with a child in my previous home.
I am an energetic girl who also enjoys naps around the house. I am very smart and gentle, and I love to play tug of war with my rope. I also like to sit and shake paws for treats. I am always wagging my tail and am just a happy, loving girl.
Do I sound like the girl for you? If so, please fill out an application and ask for Hennie!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.