The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Hap-Pei News! Sheeba's adoption is complete, and Carmella has an adoption pending!
- Welcome Star a sweet little cream female Shar-Pei rescued from a NC shelter.
- Mrylie is a loving prick-eared female Shar-Pei looking for her "furever" home. Myrlie has completed her heartworm treatment and is spayed and ready for adoption.
- THANK YOU to everyone for your donations to our 7th Annual Beach Party Fundraiser! We have turned off the donation buttons, but please visit the Beach Party to see how fun it is! We are so grateful to all of our donors!
- Welcome Charlie Chan a senior male Shar-Pei mix rescued from a NC shelter.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, my name is Carmella. I'm a young, playful girl. I'm crate trained, housebroken, and get along with dogs. I am sometimes jumpy if I hear a loud noise or sound that is not familiar. I didn't know what to think of the lawn mower - yikes! I have a new friend here at my foster home, Muffy; and we have become fast playmates. I take a little while to warm up to new people; but when I do, I want to nibble and play. My Foster Mommy says I am a love bug!
Are you looking for a loving girl to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Carmella!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.