The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Hap-Pei News! Rocky has an adoption pending...and Larry too!
- Meet Parker, a fawn male Shar-Pei rescued from a North Carolina shelter and Sheeba, also rescued from NC. Parker and Sheeba also have adoptions pending!
- Welcome Mulan, a sweet female Shar-Pei rescued from a South Carolina shelter. Mulan has an adoption pending.
- More Hap-Pei News! Sandy and Cooper's adoptions are complete.
- Hap-Pei News! Jax has an adoption pending!
- Welcome Zeke a fawn male Shar-Pei rescued from a VA shelter.
- Foster Homes Needed! We need foster homes for Myrlie and Larry. We have very few foster homes, and most currently have dogs with medical needs that are longer term fosters. Myrlie is heartworm positive, so we need a foster near our veterinarians in the Virginia Beach or New Jersey areas. If you have adopted or fostered before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, please fill out a foster application.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I'm Rocky! I am a very sweet, social two year old boy. I like to snuggle and love my belly rubs! I enjoy nylabones and squeaky toys. I am very good with other dogs and even lived with a cat that I was good with. I would love to find a home where I have some dog friends to play with. We think I would do best with adults or older children because I am "mouthy" when I play and take treats, and I also don't like people touching my food bowl.
Are you looking for a sweet, young boy to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Rocky!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.