The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Hap-Pei News...Tonic has an adoption pending, and Benzi was adopted from the shelter!
- Very sad news...Sable crossed over to Rainbow Bridge on July 21, 2014. Sweet Sable was 13 years old and had been with her loving foster family for 2.5 years. Our sympathy goes out to her foster family. RIP Sable.
- Adoption Pending...Meet Luna, an adorable black female Shar-Pei puppy!
- FOSTER HOME NEEDED! Parchi, currently on our courtesy page, also needs a Foster Home. If you can foster, please email email@example.com or fill out an application if you have not completed an adoption/foster application in the past.
- THANK YOU to everyone for your donations to our 4th Annual Beach Party Fundraiser! The beach, sky and ocean are full! We have turned off the donation buttons, but please visit the 4th of July Beach Party to see how cute it is! We are so grateful to our AWESOME supporters!
- Foster homes urgently needed! Levi in eastern NC needs a foster home. We need new fosters for Rose and Petal, and Rocky needs a foster home. Anyone? If you can foster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application if you have not completed an adoption/foster application in the past.
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
I‘m Tucker, a sweet male Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter.
I am very mellow and love to give kisses. I would do great with a family that has kids, and I do well with other dogs. I lived with a little boy who I adored and am now living with other dogs. Foster Mommy says that I am absolutely lovely and any family would be lucky to have me!
If you are interested in adopting me, please fill out an application, and ask for Tucker!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me, see more pictures, and check out my video!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.