The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Meet Mousse, our pretty chocolate female Shar-Pei rescued from a Virgina shelter.
- Welcome Jasmine, an adorable and very sweet fawn horsecoat female Shar-Pei rescued from a North Carolina shelter.
- Foster homes urgently needed! We need new fosters for Rose and Petal, female flowered Shar-Pei; Rocky, a black male Shar-Pei, and Benzi, a fawn male Shar-Pei. Can anyone help? If you can foster, please email email@example.com or fill out an application if you have not completed an adoption/foster application in the past.
- We have been accepted into both the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) of South Hampton Roads and the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC). Please remember Shar-Pei Rescue of VA when making your designations. Our agency code for the CFC is 21380, and our CVC code is 03753.
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
I‘m Tucker, a sweet male Shar-Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter.
I am very mellow and love to give kisses. I would do great with a family that has kids, and I do well with other dogs. I lived with a little boy who I adored and am now living with other dogs. Foster Mommy says that I am absolutely lovely and any family would be lucky to have me!
If you are interested in adopting me, please fill out an application, and ask for Tucker!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me, see more pictures, and check out my video!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.