The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Say hello to Daisy, a super sweet chocolate Shar-Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter.
- Hap-Pei News! Yang and Baby's adoptions are complete, and Cuddles and Truffles have adoptions pending!
- We are saddened to report that Ginger crossed to Rainbow Bridge on May 3. Ginger was a sweet 11 year old who had enjoyed life with her foster family for almost a year. Our sympathy to her foster family who gave her a loving home and helped her to cross to Rainbow Bridge peacefully. RIP Sweet Ginger.
- Welcome Bordeaux, a very friendly Shar-Pei / Lab mix rescued from a NC shelter.
- Foster Home Needed! Riley needs a foster home. Can anyone help? If you have adopted or fostered before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, please fill out a foster application.
- We have some cute additions on our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
- We are registered with Amazon Smile! If you sign up for Amazon Smile and designate
Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia to receive the donation, the Rescue will receive
a 0.5% donation when you make eligible Amazon purchases. This is free to you.
AND...if you are also signed up for iGive.com and shop through iGive, we will get the
donation from both, which ends up being 1.3%.
Sign up here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/54-1995118
Note: There is another rescue with a very similar name registered with Amazon Smile. You need to look for Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia. Be sure to look for "of".
- More Hap-Pei News! Elsa, Yang, and Hennie have adoptions pending too!
We have passed the 1/2 way point on our fundraiser!
We have some major veterinary expenses for some of the Rescue Pei-bies. These expenses are well beyond what we can cover with our general fundraisers and adoption fees. We need to raise $6,600 to cover these upcoming veterinary expenses and continue to be able to help other Shar-Pei.
Please visit Mousse, Gabby, and Elsa“s fundraising page to read more about this urgent need.
- Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia is signed up for Kroger Community Rewards. To help the Rescue Pei-bies, all you have to do is enroll,
shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card! Our Kroger organization number is 81216.
To enroll, register online at krogercommunityrewards.com and select Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia - 81216!
Please enroll now to have your shopping help our Pei!
- We have four new styles and colors of Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia logo t-shirts! Visit our Pei Shop for details Order now for the best selection of sizes!
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I‘m Hennie! I am a sweet little six year old girl rescued from a Tennessee shelter. I am good with other dogs and cats too. I was raised with a child in my previous home.
I am an energetic girl who also enjoys naps around the house. I am very smart and gentle, and I love to play tug of war with my rope. I also like to sit and shake paws for treats. I am always wagging my tail and am just a happy, loving girl.
Do I sound like the girl for you? If so, please fill out an application and ask for Hennie!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.