The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Welcome Lucy, a very sweet female Shar-Pei rescued from a Maryland shelter.
- Hap-Pei News! Dolly‘s adoption is complete!
- Meet Seven, a very cute and sweet fawn female Shar-Pei. Seven has an adoption pending!
- Very sad news. Poor little Loki has crossed to Rainbow Bridge. He was very sick and passed away shortly after being picked up at the shelter. Thank you to our volunteers who tried to save him and to those who offered to foster. RIP Little Guy...
- Thank you to all who helped with Chowderfest and the Paws in the Vineyard events!
- Welcome Benzi, a beautiful fawn male Shar-Pei. He has been on our adoption page looking for a foster home for a while. We were able to pull him from the shelter the weekend of 10/4!
- Foster homes urgently needed! We need new fosters for Rose and Petal, female flowered Shar-Pei; and Rocky, a black male Shar-Pei. There are also many Shar-Pei in shelters needing help urgently, but we cannot help without foster homes. Can anyone help? If you can foster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application if you have not completed an adoption/foster application in the past.
- We have been accepted into both the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) of South Hampton Roads and the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC). Please remember Shar-Pei Rescue of VA when making your designations. Our agency code for the CFC is 21380, and our CVC code is 03753.
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I'm Sadie, a loving Shar-Pei / Shiba Inu mix girl. I am about five years old. I am very playful and extremely sweet and loving, making me a favorite for little people! I just love kids, and they love me too.
I am housetrained and have never had an accident in the house. Foster Mommy is working with me on leash training, and I am doing better with the no pull harness. When we go on a walk, I grab the leash in my mouth and dance around! I love riding in the car.
I love my humans very much, but I don't really feel the same about other canines so a home where I can give and get all of the loving would be best for me.
My Foster Mommy says that I am a wonderful dog, full of personality! Do I sound like the girl for you? If so, please fill out an application and ask for Sadie!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.