The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Great news! We have foster homes for Cheddar, Bogey, Tucker and Autumn and a short-term foster for Bella (Cream). A HUGE thank you to all for helping!
- Hap-Pei News! Lola‘s adoption is complete.
- Welcome Cheddar, a male Shar-Pei rescued from NYC ACC, and Instigator, a four month old male puppy.
- Meet Lucy, a pretty fawn female Shar-Pei. Thank you to all who offered to help with her transport. We will either be moving her this weekend or next week.
- Looking for a fun gift for a special pup? Check out BarkBox! We are having a BarkBox fundraiser. When you use our code SHANBBX1 on BarkBox.com you will save $5, and the rescue will receive a donation. The perfect holiday gift for your dog!
- Please don‘t forget to use iGive.com when doing your online holiday shopping! When you use iGive, a portion of every transaction goes to benefit Shar-Pei Rescue of VA. There is no cost to you. Generate donations from any of the 1,200 stores (ex: Amazon.com, Sears, Macy's, PETCO, Pet Food Direct...) listed with iGive when you shop. If you are not already signed up, please sign up today!
- We have lots of items for sale on Ebay! Please take a look, and think about doing some early holiday shopping! 100% of proceeds benefit the rescue Shar-Pei. Also, please remember that we participate in the eBay Giving Works program. If you are listing items on eBay, you can choose to donate a % of the proceeds to Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia!
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
I‘m Tucker, a sweet male Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter. I was in a foster home where I was best buddies with my little boy; but he developed allergies so I'm moving to a foster home in New Jersey.
I follow Foster Mommy and our little guy everywhere and love to give kisses. My Foster Mommy says that I am precious.
I would do great with a family that has kids, and I do well with other dogs. Foster Mommy says that I am absolutely lovely and any family would be lucky to have me!
If you are interested in adopting me, please fill out an application, and ask for Tucker!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me, see more pictures, and check out my video!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.